What to expect:
I am both honored and excited that you are considering a photography session with Emily Clark Photography! I want your experience to be amazing, and for you to have images that capture the essence of who you are. These images will be ones that you look back on for years to come, and you will be taken back to this beautiful time in your life.
When to Scheduled Your Session:
For all photography sessions, it is best to call at least 3 months ahead of your desired session date, for best availability. However, we are happy to do last minute sessions if we are available.
Maternity: It is best to call to schedule your session when you are about 20 weeks pregnant. Sessions are usually done between 34 and 37 weeks of pregnancy. We want you to have a good sized belly but not be uncomfortable :)
Birth: One of the most important parts of scheduling your birth photography session, will be the consultations. It is best to call when you are around 32 weeks pregnant. We will schedule a consultation for that week, and we want to make sure we aren't too close to your due date so that if baby decides to arrive early, we will have the details worked out.
Newborn: Before your baby arrives! It is best to call about your newborn session, when you are 6-7 months pregnant. Because your baby's day of birth is unknown, we will set the actual date once your newborn has arrived. The session will take place when your baby is 7-12 days new.
Family and Children: 1-3 months before your desired session date. If you are wanting to have your session October - December, the earlier you call to schedule, the better. This is our busiest time of year and we book up quickly for Christmas and holiday photos.
Seniors: Most senior sessions take place between September and December. However, we are more than happy to do them year round.
Engagement: Sessions can be done shortly after engagement, or around 6-12 months before your wedding day. Or right after your engagement if you're not planning the wedding right away.
Bridal: To allow enough time for editing, and prints to be ordered for your wedding day, we will need to have your bridal session approximately 2 months before your wedding. This requires you to have your dress ready to wear.
Wedding: Because we take a limited number of weddings each month, it is best to reserve your wedding date shortly after you get engaged, or soon after choosing a wedding date. Your deposit will hold your date,
What to Wear:
Here are a few general guidelines for what to wear for your photography session. We want to make sure you and your family members are the focus of your images, and not busy patterns or prints on your clothing.
- One "main" color that is worn by everyone, and 2-3 accent coordinating colors.
- You can choose 1 outfit that has a shirt with a simple print or pattern, and build the other outfits from there. So 1 of the children would have a multicolor plaid shirt, then choose everyone else's outfits to coordinate with those colors.
- Accessories are fun! Scarves, hats, simple jewelry, fun boots. These are great ways to add pops of color to your overall look.
- Be sure to choose shoes that work well with your entire outfit. There will be many photos taken that will show your shoes.
- Don't forget belts, hair ties or clips, and any other accessory you plan to use in any of the shots.
What to avoid:
- Make sure you choose fabrics that aren't too sheer, that aren't clingy, and that don't wrinkle very easily.
- I recommend staying away from "matching" outfits for the family. Do not have everyone wears jeans and white shirts, as it will be the first thing that is noticed in your pictures. We want YOU to be the focus in your images.
- Remove cell phone clips and distracting items.
Photography sessions are available in Reston and surrounding cities. Most sessions will take place outdoors. I can suggest a variety of locations or we can use one that you have in mind. Please contact Emily anytime, if you have questions or would like to schedule a session! Thank you!!